Hello everyone, How you doing? I hope you’re doing well. Today I am here with the most trending topic- What is Pink WhatsApp? Safe or unsafe? Why users are warned against the Pink WhatsApp Virus Link? What are its risks? Read on to know more!
Also, Don’t forget to read Precautionary Measures to stay safe from the dangerous Pink WhatsApp mentioned at the end of this article.
What is Pink WhatsApp? Safe or Unsafe?
WhatsApp is the most commonly used application for messaging and calling among people nowadays. But recently, many users said that they have been receiving a connection or link on their WhatsApp to turn the theme of the application from green to pink. Users should be careful with any such link and also they should avoid opening them as the link has been reported to contain VIRUSES.
What is Pink WhatsApp Link?
Recently, WhatsApp users are complaining that a New link containing a Virus is being shared among the users! The link is received as an official update from WhatsApp. The users are informed that the provided link will turn the theme of their app from Green to Pink. Also, it is an APK link. Users believe the link is Authentic. But it’s not!
Pink WhatsApp Download- Why it is Harmful?
The viruses in the link can possibly gain complete access to a user’s device. However, users are warned to never install any APK or mobile application from external sources. Users should install applications that are available on Google Play Store – for Android users. Also, Apple App Store for iPhone users.
Chiefly, such malicious links can be used to get access to your phone and steal your personal data.
Also, keyboard based malwares track whatever you type, again it can steal your personal data like banking details and passwords.
How to avoid Pink WhatsApp Virus?
In his recent tweet, Rajshekhar Rajaharia mentioned some steps to be safe from Pink WhatsApp Virus. They are as follows:
- Immediately uninstall Pink WhatsApp.
- Unlink all Web devices linked.
- Clear Cache from settings.
- Check permissions for all apps.
- Also, if any kind of suspicious permission is granted, deny immediately.
How the Link is Circulated?
Some messaging platforms like WhatsApp, Telegram etc. are used to circulate these virus link. It can also be sent via emails, text messages and other social media platforms.
If you have received such kind of message with the malicious link, don’t click on it and that’s because it’s a virus.
Precautionary Measures-How to stay Safe from it?
What Cyber Experts say:
- A web security analyst, Rajshekhar Rajaharia took to his Twitter handle and cautioned netizens about the same. On April 17, 2021, he had first tweeted about the same and had cautioned netizens to “Be careful with WhatsApp Pink!! A virus is being spread in WhatsApp groups with an APK download interface. Don’t try to click on any link with the name of WhatsApp Pink”.
- He had likewise added that complete access to a user’s device will be lost and asked netizens to get the message out.
- Look at the tweet underneath.
- Cybersecurity experts suggest NOT to click on the malicious link. If you do so, your phone will be hacked and it will gain access to your WhatsApp account. If you click on the Pink WhatsApp link, there are more chances of losing access to your WhatsApp account as well as losing access to your complete phone.
- Cyber Intelligence firm voyager Infosec director, Jiten Jain suggests that WhatsApp users should avoid installing any APK or mobile application other than the official App-store of Google or Apple. It can steal your personal data like photos, SMS, contacts, etc.
Additional Tips To stay safe from Pink WhatsApp:
- Always check the link and identify keywords in the URL.
- Check grammatical mistakes and errors in spelling.
- Avoid clicking on the links that claim free gifts and more.
- Refrain forwarding links to other WhatsApp contacts.
So, this was all from my side. I hope you had read it carefully. Do share with your friends and family and make them aware of this dangerous virus.
Do comment in case of a query or suggestion.
Hence, don’t click on any malicious link and follow the tips and precautionary measures mentioned in the article. I’ll be back with another informative article. Till then,
Stay safe, stay updated